Who can blame you for wanting to be rescued from your taxes? Knowledge is power, and a tax attorney has the education and winning instincts to help you take on the IRS.
Here are 5 things you need to know about the benefits of hiring a tax attorney:
1. Tax attorneys are experienced negotiating with the IRS. – Practicing tax attorneys will have obtained – at minimum- their Juris Doctor (J.D.) and Master of Laws (LL.M.) degrees in taxation, followed by admission to the state bar. In real terms, this means they have their fingers on the pulse of ever-changing tax laws and their brains are hard-wired to uncover, resolve and proactively advise tax strategies. Who better to resolve your tax problems and potentially save you from paying a ton of money to the IRS? You want a:
- Tax Attorney: Tax attorneys can potentially reduce your tax debt, remove liens, stop garnishments and relieve the stress tax problems cause.
- IRS Tax Attorney: The IRS protects the government’s interests, and IRS tax attorneys are there to protect your best interests and hard-earned money.
- Income Tax Attorney: The IRS is the largest collection agency in the world and it takes practiced and knowledgeable income tax attorneys to negotiate and help tax payers choose the right tax settlement options for their circumstances.
- Tax Relief Attorney: The guidance and reassurance of tax relief attorneys can quickly resolve IRS tax debt problems and help you regain financial stability.
- Where to find Tax Attorney Help: Apart from word of mouth, asking your accountant and thumbing through the Yellow Pages, a quick web search will instantly return a list of qualified tax attorneys offering tax help in your state, county and city. Some firms offer a free consultation with no obligation to sign, so be sure to ask.
- Other Tax Consultants: In addition to a Tax Settlement Attorney, a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and an IRS Enrolled Agent are among tax consultants legally qualified to represent you when facing the IRS in tax settlement cases.
RECEIVE YOUR FREE TAX DEBT EVALUATION TODAY:
2. Tax attorneys can help you reach a tax resolution – and fast. – Tax attorneys have years of training and experience negotiating tax resolution through IRS settlement and IRS tax debt issues.
- Delaying tax resolution only compounds tax issues and increases amounts owed.
- Wage garnishments, interest and penalties can be swiftly and successfully removed with the help of a tax debt attorney.
3. Tax attorneys eat tax debt for breakfast. – OK, that’s overstating things, but tax attorneys know the ins-and-outs of each scenario that can land you in IRS Tax debt. Perhaps your situation is the result of failing to file taxes or pay additional fees, or maybe your tax liability increased due to an audit. Through the skilled negotiations of a tax settlement attorney, it’s possible to quickly settle the amount of tax debt owed, and possibly for less than you imagined.
- Tax debt relief – Tax debt relief can come in the form of an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, or innocent spouse relief, to name a few options. A tax debt attorney can advise the best course of action for resolving your unique tax debt situation.
- Unpaid taxes - A tax attorney will take into consideration the sum of your unpaid taxes and your current financial situation to advise and negotiate an IRS repayment plan that will protect your assets and satisfy the IRS.
4. Tax attorneys can help settle an IRS levy – Without a tax attorney representing your interests, the IRS may issue a levy to seize and sell your home, car or boat, or garnish wages, retirement accounts and other sources of income to settle the debt.
- IRS problems – do not go away, they only compound. The longer IRS problems are left unresolved, the more interest and penalties are added daily and the greater the risk to your property and accounts.
- IRS tax debt - can accrue due to late tax filings, unpaid taxes or an increased tax liability due to an audit. It is possible to settle the amount of IRS tax debt owed through the skilled negotiations of an IRS tax attorney.
5. Tax attorneys want to provide tax help. – IRS problems can be incredibly stressful for taxpayers, but an IRS tax attorney’s in-depth knowledge of ever-changing tax laws can provide sound advice for lowering tax debt, removing a lien or levy, stopping a garnishment and settling the IRS problems you’re experiencing. A skilled tax debt attorney knows how to efficiently and effectively deal with the IRS and potentially save you thousands of dollars in the long run. The benefit of professional representation when facing the IRS is worth the modest investment. Hire a tax attorney today.